Kids Valentine’s cupcakes can be so much fun to take to a class party, create a family treat or surprise your child with this Valentine’s cupcake treat! Sweet and chocolatey with a little conversation heart crunch…they really are a super cute Valentine’s cupcake recipe that are surprisingly easy to make.
let’s make valentine’s Cupcakes Recipe
These conversation heart Valentine’s cupcakes are sure to get your kids talking! Kids would love to help make cupcakes and learn the secret of how all those conversation hearts ended up inside. These conversation heart Valentine’s Cupcakes are so much fun to make that your kids are probably going to want to (and can!) help.
Any regular-size cupcake or jumbo cupcake recipe will work for this Valentine surprise idea. You could change up the cake to your favorite cake whether it is red velvet cupcakes, dark chocolate cupcakes, strawberry cupcakes. They will all make great Valentine’s day cupcakes! The best sweet treats for February 14.
So grab your large bowl, piping bag, decorating bag, paddle attachment, electric mixer, or standing mixer, fluffy frosting, and get baking this perfect treat.
This post includes affiliate links
Conversation Heart Valentine’s Cupcake ingredients
Directions to make conversation heart valentine’s cupcake
Preheat the oven according to the box instructions (ours was 350 F).
Proceed to make the cake according to the box instructions (ours used 1 cup water, 1/2 cup oil, and 3 large eggs).
Fill cupcake liners half-way with batter and bake according to box instructions. Cool completely.
Using a serrated knife, carefully cut a well out of the top of each cupcake. Fill with conversation hearts and gently place the top back on the cupcake.
Frost as desired (we used ready-made pink frosting and a star tip).
Top with a conversation heart. Serve.
You can make your own frosting for these Valentine cupcakes and it would make for another fun Valentine cupcake idea, but they will probably need refrigeration. Most homemade frostings use heavy cream or butter, though some homemade frosting recipes call for Crisco for decorating frosting.
More Valentine’s Day Cupcake Ideas
There are so many different ways you can make this adorable Valentine’s day cupcakes fit you! You can:
- Use raspberry cream cheese frosting for a tangy pink frosting.
- Make vanilla cupcakes to offset the candy better.
- Top your cupcakes with a small about of frosting and then make a dozen roses out of frosting to put on top of them.
- Make pink velvet cupcakes.
- Use sour cream for the moistest fluffy chocolate cupcakes if you’re making them homemade rather than using a box mix.
- Make chocolate cupcakes with a peanut butter frosting.
- Champagne cupcakes with a strawberry frosting is also a great option for these Valentine’s day treats.
30 minutes 20 seconds
50 minutes 20 seconds
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 bag Conversation Heart candy
- Pink frosting – homemade or store bought
- (optional) cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350 (or whatever you box cake mix requires)
- Combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs.
- Stir to mix until the batter is not lumpy.
- Pour into cupcake liners or greased muffin tins according to package directions (usually about 1/2 full)
- Set out to cool completely
- Once cooled, use a serrated knife to cut out the middle of the cupcake from the top
- Pour in Conversation Heart candies
- Replace cake that was cut out (if you need to cut the bottom portion to give space, do that)
- Frost over the replaced cake area
- Decorate with additional Conversation Heart candies
More Valentine’s Day Treats recipes
Did you and your family enjoy making this Valentine’s dessert? Let us know in the comments below, we’d love to hear!